Friday, July 29, 2011

six impossible quotes from Eleanor Roosevelt

A woman is like a tea bag- you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.






I could not at any age be content to take my place in a corner by the fireside and simply look on.






Life was meant to be lived, and curiosity must be kept alive. One must never, for whatever reason, turn his back on life.





One thing life has taught me: if you are interested, you never have to look for new interests. They come to you. When you are genuinely interested in one thing, it will always lead to something else.




You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, 'I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.' You must do the thing you think you cannot do.




and of course...




No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.






















***

She was truly an amazing woman and will always be my hero. Anytime things are rocky, she always knows what to say. She is the ultimate inspiration. 





No comments:

Post a Comment