Thursday, July 7, 2011

this week's Netflix streamer: The Baxter

Netflix streaming is amazing. Why haven't other countries caught on to this? Anyway, netflix streaming movies sometimes get a bad rep but there can be some good ones. 

This week I watched The Baxter because I have been really in to Michael Showalter since I saw Wet Hot American Summer recently. 


"The Baxter" is the guy in every romantic comedy that gets left at the alter so that the leading lady can be with her true love. 


Michelle Williams plays the mousey temp secretary. And she is brunette




Elizabeth Banks plays the alter-leaving leading lady. And Paul Rudd makes a lovely surprise cameo! 





It was funny. I loved the colors and the blocking of the scenes. But very predictable-- could have pushed the envelope a little more. 

I give it 3 out of 5 glowing laptops.


No comments:

Post a Comment