Thursday, April 19, 2012

spirit animal

After New Year's Eve at the lovely Gigi's place, my sugarpie and I had a deep discussion about our spirit animals. 

According to wiki, a power animal "represent a person's connection to all life, their qualities of character, and their power." 

hello darling

 It seemed obvious- it had to be a water dweller for one thing. But I couldn't decide on a fish or dolphin, etc. Then Ry  suggested an otter, because they are cuddly. When I thought about it I loved the idea! Sea otters can live on land but love to be in the ocean. In fact they don't make dens and can live their whole lives in the water if they choose. They have very fashionable fur pelts! And they hold hands to avoid drifting apart when they sleep on the water. 



practical and lovely!

I decided that a sea otter was my spirit animal.

Then I did some research and guess what? In actual Shamanism, having the otter as a power animal represents  woman’s healing wisdom, sensibility without suspicion, guidance in revealing ones talents, psychic awareness, and faithfulness. 

a mama otter with her baby


I'm cool with that. So what is your spirit animal? 


2 comments:

  1. You are going to have to come up with one for me. I've got nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a dream where I was walking around trying to find my spirit animal. I was secretly wanting a wolf but I came to a stream. There was an otter and it smiled at me. The otter is my spirit animal because we're both playful, cheerful and boisterous. And the fact that you love otters doesn't mean you'll have that as one. You don't choose the animal. It chooses you.

    ReplyDelete