Tuesday, July 31, 2012

instant Netflix: Skin

I had watched and screencapped this movie a long time ago but never posted it. A friend reminded me of it recently so I thought I would share it with the blog.

Based on the true story of a black girl who was born to two white Afrikaner parents in South Africa during the apartheid era.








There once was a girl who lived in a shop, who'd only eat her mismatched socks, until one day along came a lion and gobbled her up in just 2 hops. 






Elize: Sandra? I'm Elize. 
Young Sandra: What do you want? 
Elize: I'm from Swaziland. That's another country. 
Young Sandra: I know that, I'm not stupid. 
Elize: All of my friends have always been black. 
Young Sandra: I'm not black. 




this movie was so beautiful and sad. 4 out of 5 glowing laptops. 


No comments:

Post a Comment